And we are back for more spurious nonsense and downright absurdity. But it’s my blog so I get to indulge my appetite for the inane. (The fancy talk is to make my silliness sound mature).
In a better world people will be required to be skill tested before they are allowed a Twitter account! I find Twitter an extremely useful communication tool but some people’s use of the forum drives me batty. Herewith my current rants and raves (no doubt, more will come).
- Stop abbreviating words unnecessarily. Yes, there is a space limit, but if someone cannot frame a thought in 140 characters or less, they shouldn’t share it.
- Stop posting pictures of food. These images of delectable meals are leading me to sin.
- Stop posting vacation pictures. For the same reason as number 2.
- Stop using hash tags. Their original purpose was meaningful, but this new form of gibberish that has been spawned is no good.
- Stop recording current locations. I do care about people. I generally don’t care if they are at the bank.
- Stop over-tweeting. Nobody should send more than ten tweets per day. None of us are that interesting.
- Stop using emoticons. Finally we have proof—pictures aren’t worth a thousand words.
If you have been misbehaving on Twitter, stop it. Of course, I reserve the right to override these objections and do the very things I denounce. #beblssd